May 6, 2019
Health Tip: When to Seek Medical Attention For a Cut
(HealthDay News) -- Cuts are openings in the skin and can be deep, smooth or jagged. Minor cuts may be treated at home, says MedlinePlus. However, in some instances you should contact a medical professional.
Call 911 if:
- Bleeding is severe or cannot be stopped.
- The person cannot feel the injured area.
- The person is seriously injured.
Call your doctor if:
- The wound is large or deep.
- The person has been bitten by a person or animal.
- The cut was caused by a rusty object.
- The wound shows signs of infection.