February 12, 2018
Health Tip :Preparing for Surgery
(HealthDay News) -- To prepare for a visit with your surgeon before an operation, it helps to have a list of questions and concerns ready.
The U.S. National Institute on Aging suggests what to ask:
- What is the success rate of the operation? How many of these operations have you done successfully?
- What problems may occur with this surgery? What kind of pain or discomfort can I expect?
- What kind of anesthesia will I have? Are there any risks associated with its use in older people?
- Will I have to stay in the hospital overnight?
- How long is recovery expected to take? What does it involve?
- When can I get back to my normal routine?