Health Tip: Holiday Health and Safety
(HealthDay News) -- The holiday season is fast approaching. Regardless of what you celebrate, this time of year is a great opportunity to appreciate the gift of health, says the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To stay safe and healthy this holiday season, the CDC suggests:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay dry and dress warmly in several layers.
- Balance responsibilities, seek support if needed and get enough sleep.
- Don't drink and drive. Always wear a seatbelt in a motor vehicle.
- Avoid smoking. If you smoke, quit today!
- Get check-ups and vaccinations.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Keep a watchful eye on your kids.
- Handle and prepare food safely.
- Eat healthy and stay active.