Health Tip: Safely Store Your Pet's Medication
(HealthDay News) -- Pet medication should be safely stored to prevent your pet from accidental overdose, and other medical problems such as vomiting, diarrhea and pancreatitis, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says.
The FDA suggests how to keep your pet healthier:
- Keep pet medication in the original containers with labels.
- Keep pet medication in a secure location.
- Medication containers that are child safe may not be pet safe, since pets may be able to chew through the containers.
- Keep pet medication away from children.
- Store pet medication away from people medication to prevent confusion.
- Properly dispose of expired, unused or unwanted medication.