December 10, 2007
Health Tip: Take Care of Your Lips This Winter
Ways to help prevent chapping
(HealthDay News) - The cold, dry air of winter can take a toll on your skin -- especially on the lips.
Here are suggestions to help protect your lips from painful drying and chapping, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep your skin well-hydrated.
- Protect and treat lips with a beeswax lip balm or petroleum jelly.
- Keep a humidifier running in your home to prevent the air from becoming too dry.
- Apply sunscreen to your lips.
- Avoid too much exposure to the sun or wind.