Health Tip: Signs That a Head Injury Is Serious
When you should seek help
(HealthDay News) -- Any head injury should be taken seriously, but certain warning signs indicate that the injury needs immediate medical attention.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says a doctor's evaluation is required if you notice the following:
- Any symptom that begins to worsen, including sleepiness, nausea or a headache.
- Nausea that doesn't subside.
- Behavioral changes, such as acting confused or irritable.
- Enlarged eye pupils, or pupils that are a different size in each eye.
- Difficulty talking or walking.
- Any bloody or unusual discharge from the nose or ears.
- Seizures or vomiting.
- Weakness or numbness in the legs or arms.