July 2, 2008
Health Tip: Help Prevent Headaches
Keep stress at bay
(HealthDay News) -- Headaches have a variety of causes and triggers, but stress is a common factor in many types of headache.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions to lessen stress and reduce your chances of a headache:
- Get plenty of sleep every night.
- Maintain a healthy diet, including staying away from junk food.
- Don't smoke.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Stretch your neck, shoulders and upper body frequently. This is particularly important if you work all day at a desk or computer.
- Maintain good posture.
- Practice meditation, yoga or deep breathing techniques.