June 30, 2015
Health Tip: Log Symptoms in a Headache Diary
To help you better manage pain
(HealthDay News) -- A headache journal can help you track symptoms and determine possible triggers for your chronic pain.
The University of California San Francisco Medical Center says the journal should include:
- Date and time of each headache.
- Duration of each headache.
- Activities that preceded each headache.
- Food and drink consumed before the onset of each headache.
- Treatment used to manage each headache, such as prescription or over-the-counter medication, herbal treatment, or other remedy.
- Location and severity of each headache, and accompanying symptoms such as nausea or dizziness.
- How each headache impacts your daily life.