Health Tip: Signs That Headaches Need Attention
Symptoms that indicate you should visit a doctor
(HealthDay News) -- Most everyone suffers from an occasional headache. But frequent, severe headaches could be an indication of a more serious health problem.
The Womenshealth.gov Web site says these warning signs should prompt a visit to your doctor:
- Headaches that occur multiple times each month and persist for hours or days.
- Headaches that are so severe that work, school and home life are affected.
- Headaches accompanied by tingling or numbness, changes in vision, vomiting or nausea.
- Headaches accompanied by pain surrounding the ear or eye, convulsions or stiffness in the neck.
- Losing consciousness or feeling confused during headaches.
- A headache that follows an injury to the head.
- Headaches that suddenly occur when you've rarely had headaches in the past.