June 25, 2009
Health Tip: Things That Trigger Migraines
Common causes among women
(HealthDay News) -- While migraines and their causes vary from person to person, researchers have identified some common triggers.
The National Women's Health Information Center offers this list:
- Too much sleep, or not enough shut-eye.
- Missing meals.
- Overstimulated senses, including noises that are too loud, scents that are too strong, or lights that are too bright.
- Hormonal changes.
- Changes in the weather.
- Drinking red wine or changes in caffeine intake.
- Aspartame, an artificial sweetener.
- Food additives such as tyramine, monosodium glutamate (MSG) or nitrates.