(HealthDay News) -- Home health care is an increasingly popular choice among patients who opt to get better in the comfort and privacy of their home.
The National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC) says home health care patients have the right to:
- Choose care providers.
- Receive appropriate care in accordance with physician orders.
- Receive reasonable continuity of care.
- Receive information necessary to give informed consent prior to treatment or therapy.
- Be informed of what to do in an emergency.
- Be referred elsewhere if denied service due to an inability to pay.
- Voice grievances and suggest changes in service or staff.