Health Tip: Are You Hearing Properly?
Signs that you may need a hearing check
(HealthDayNews) -- If you find your hearing isn't what it used to be, don't automatically blame it on getting older.
Correctable causes of hearing loss include earwax, inner-ear infections, side effects of common medications, circulatory disorders, Paget's disease of the bone, and rheumatoid arthritis, according to Montgomery County Community College.
Here are signs that you should get your hearing checked:
- You have a problem hearing over the telephone.
- You have trouble following a conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time.
- People complain that you turn up the TV or radio volume too high.
- You have to strain to understand conversations.
- You misunderstand what others are saying and make inappropriate responses.