March 13, 2012
Health Tip: What Causes Hearing Loss?
Here are some common causes
(HealthDay News) -- You may develop hearing loss if your inner ear or auditory nerve is damaged, or something builds up in your ears and prevents the passage of sound waves.
The womenshealth.gov website mentions these common causes of hearing loss:
- Being exposed over long periods to loud noise.
- Having certain infections or illnesses.
- Taking certain medications.
- Suffering a major blow or injury to the head.
- Having a family history of hearing loss.