Health Tip: Warning Signs of Pneumonia
Lung infection requires early treatment
(HealthDay News) -- Pneumonia occurs when the lining of the lungs becomes inflamed because of a viral, bacterial or fungal infection. Prompt treatment is essential, and here are some signs to watch for, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Cough with mucus that is green or yellow, or coughing up blood.
- Chest pain that worsens while coughing.
- Difficulty breathing, including shortness of breath or very rapid breathing.
- Fever with chills, headache, disorientation (especially in seniors), and fatigue.
- Excessive sweating with clammy skin.