August 31, 2010
Health Tip: Spot Symptoms of Ringworm
Warning signs of the fungal infection
(HealthDay News) -- Ringworm is a fungal skin infection.
The University of Maryland Medical Center says these are common signs of ringworm:
- Patches of skin that are thick, scaly, red and itchy.
- These skin lesions may form blisters or ooze fluid.
- The reddened area is usually surrounded by a darker red ring, sometimes around a circle of normally-colored skin.
- Bald areas on the scalp or beard.
- Nails that crumble, thicken and may change color.