December 25, 2014
Health Tip: Minimize Acne
Treat skin well
(HealthDay News) -- Acne can develop due to causes from hormones to medications. To help prevent breakouts, it's important to keep skin clean and healthy.
The Womenshealth.gov website offers these recommendations:
- Twice each day (and additionally after sweating), use a gentle cleanser on your face.
- Don't use harsh soaps or rough scrubbing pads.
- Wash face from the hairline to below the jaw, and remember to wash your hair regularly and frequently if hair is oily.
- Avoid picking at your skin or acne lesions.
- Protect skin against sunburn.
- Avoid rubbing the skin with items such as backpacks.
- Talk to your doctor about treatment options if you struggle with acne.