May 14, 2007
Health Tip: Taking Care of Problem Skin
Ways to help prevent acne
(HealthDay News) -- Acne is caused by factors including hormonal changes, certain medications, and the use of certain products.
Here are skin-care suggestions to help reduce acne, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Wash your face once or twice a day with a gentle, mild soap or cleanser that won't dry the skin. Always wash your face after sweating or exercising, but don't wash excessively or more than a few times a day.
- Wash your hair with shampoo each day, particularly if you have oily hair.
- Keep oily hair pulled back and away from your face.
- Don't touch your face with your hands or fingers.
- Don't pick at, scratch or pop any blemishes, as this can cause infection and scarring.
- Avoid any makeup or face creams that are greasy or oily.