(HealthDayNews) -- Many adolescents view acne as a curse of the teen-age years. Unfortunately, there's no foolproof way to prevent or cure flare-ups, but certain skin care tips can help.
The University of Michigan recommends you:
- Keep your skin clean and use a clean washcloth every time.
- Try an astringent lotion, de-greasing pads, or a face scrub.
- Don't squeeze, scratch or poke at pimples. They can get infected and leave scars.
- Wash after you exercise or sweat.
- Wash your hair at least twice a week, and keep it off your face.
- Use only water-based makeup. Don't use greasy or oily creams or lotions.
- Ask your doctor for the name of a good acne soap.