Health Tip: Are Your Toddler's Toes Turning?
When to see a doctor
(HealthDay News) -- As a toddler learns to walk, it's relatively common to see the toes pointing inward (in-toeing) or outward (out-toeing). These conditions usually don't need treatment, but it's wise to talk to your doctor if you're concerned.
The Nemours Foundation says these signs indicate you should consult a physician:
- Your child's symptoms don't improve by the third birthday.
- Your child complains of pain, or limps.
- One of your child's feet turns more than the other.
- Your child seems to have delayed speech or walking.
- Your child's gait has an abnormality that seems to be getting worse.