(HealthDay News) -- Babies, just as their adult counterparts should, are encouraged to get lots of exercise.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions to promote baby's movement:
- Allow your baby to spread out and move in an area that's safe.
- Don't let your baby spend too much time in a car seat, stroller or crib, which limits baby's movement.
- Give baby plenty of supervised tummy time to prepare for crawling.
- Help baby get onto his or her hands and knees.
- Place a toy just out of baby's reach, encouraging baby to figure out how to retrieve it.
- Promote walking by letting baby hold onto furniture or your hands as baby moves.