December 14, 2009
Health Tip: Prevent Diaper Rash
Keep baby's bottom clean and dry
(HealthDay News) -- Diaper rash is an outbreak of a sore rash beneath a baby's diaper. Although quite common, parents can take steps to protect those sensitive bottoms.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions:
- Don't let baby linger in a wet or dirty diaper.
- Give baby's bottom a good cleaning between diaper changes.
- Make sure baby's skin is clean and completely dry before putting on a new diaper.
- Don't rub baby's bottom to dry it. Using a soft cloth, pat it gently.
- Make sure baby's diaper isn't too tight.