January 6, 2006
Health Tip: Avoid Driveway Accidents
Never leave keys in the ignition
(HealthDay News) -- Driveway accidents are more common than you may think, but they're also preventable, the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh says.
Here's a list of precautions to ensure driveway safety:
- Do not use the driveway as a playground.
- Block the driveway off to prevent cars from pulling in if your children are playing there.
- Know where every child is when backing out of the driveway.
- Install extended mirrors on SUVs to improve your view.
- Never leave the car running.
- Never leave the keys in the ignition.