Health Tip: Babysitting Emergencies
(HealthDay News) -- When babysitting, it's important to know what to do in an emergency, says Safe Sitter.
Sometimes, unfortunate incidents can happen, even if you're careful. Being prepared is the safest precaution for anyone watching children.
Safe Sitter offers this guidance to sitters:
- For fires and break-ins, stay calm, stay low and call 9-1-1.
- If the power goes out, find a flashlight and call a trusted adult for help.
- Never ignore smoke or carbon monoxide alarms.
- In the event of an earthquake, take cover under a table.
- If there is a tornado, move to the basement or a room without windows.