(HealthDay News) -- A good changing table can be invaluable in helping parents with frequent diaper changes. But it should be properly constructed to safely support baby's weight.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions for parents in search of the right changing table:
- Opt for a sturdy wooden table with guard rails to prevent tipping if a curious baby pulls on it from the floor.
- If you select a changing table that folds, always make sure it's sturdy and secure when open and in use.
- Make sure that the table has a wide base to prevent being pulled over.
- Choose a table that has shelves or a compartment to store baby supplies, so you can give baby your complete attention.
- Guard rails on changing tables should stand at least 2 inches high.
- Make sure the changing table has a safety belt, and always use it.