(HealthDay News) -- Parents and educators must remember to teach children the safe way to cross a street.
Here's a list of suggestions, courtesy of the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh:
- Teach children what traffic signs mean.
- Before they cross, make sure children stop at the curb. Never run into the street.
- Teach children to look left, right, and left again before they cross.
- Teach children to cross at the street corner and always walk within the painted lines.
- Make sure children are aware of their surroundings while crossing.
- Warn children not to run or walk between parked cars.