(HealthDay News) -- Between TVs, computers, hand-held devices and video games, children's screen time can add up quickly.
The Mayo Clinic says harmful effects of too much screen time could include:
- Increased risk of obesity, junk food consumption and overeating.
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Increased risk of developing behavioral problems.
- Increased risk of poor school performance.
- Greater exposure to violence, which could lead to violent behavior.
- Insufficient time for creativity and play.