July 22, 2005
Health Tip: If Your Teen Smokes
Here's how to help him stop
(HealthDayNews) -- If your child is lighting up, these suggestions from St. Louis Children's Hospital may help your teen quit:
- Make it difficult for your teen to light up by banning smoking in your home and car.
- If you smoke, stop. Children often take their cues from their parents.
- Don't be a supplier. Refuse to buy your son or daughter cigarettes.
- Spend more time talking about tobacco and its dangers.
- Smoking is a serious addiction, so be patient. Don't give up trying to help your child quit.