November 20, 2013
Health Tip: Is Your Child Overloaded?
Signs that he's under too much stress
(HealthDay News) -- Everyone is under some stress. But too much stress can impair your child's well-being and emotional health.
The American Academy of Pediatrics mentions these warning signs that your child is under too much stress:
- If there are physical pains, such as stomach aches or headaches.
- If the child appears agitated, restless and tired.
- If the child seems depressed, but is unwilling to talk about his or her feelings.
- If the child behaves irritably or negatively, or lacks excitement about daily activities.
- If the child chooses to stay home, rather than participate in activities once enjoyed.
- If the child's grades decline.
- If the child shows behavioral changes, such as lying or stealing, becoming forgetful, refusing your requests or depending on you more than usual.