Health Tip: Minimize Pesticide Exposure

Avoid foods that probably were sprayed

Please note: This article was published more than one year ago. The facts and conclusions presented may have since changed and may no longer be accurate. And "More information" links may no longer work. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.

(HealthDay News) -- Pesticides are commonly used at homes, farms, gardens, parks and schools, and can be toxic if consumed.

The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions to help reduce a child's exposure to pesticides:

  • Limit serving foods that have been treated with pesticides during farming.
  • Carefully wash all vegetables and fruits before a family member eats them.
  • Control insects and weeds at home using non-chemical means.
  • Store all pesticides and herbicides out of your child's reach.
  • Avoid frequent spraying with insecticide of your home.

--

Last Updated:

Related Articles