(HealthDay News) -- Before you head out with baby in tow, make sure you've safely and properly packed a diaper bag.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions:
- Bring along unopened jars of commercial baby food.
- Use ready-to-feed or powdered formula, or other foods that don't require refrigeration.
- Pack an insulated container with ice packs for perishables such as breast milk. When you're done traveling, store in the refrigerator.
- Keep spoons and forks in a separate bag to keep them clean.
- Use hand-sanitizing wipes or a bottle of sanitizer before feeding baby or after changing a diaper.
- Keep soiled diapers away from food and bottles.