January 14, 2010
Health Tip: Signs That a Baby Is Hungry
Indications that it may be feeding time
(HealthDay News) -- Some new parents have a tough time figuring out when their crying baby is truly hungry.
The Nemours Foundation says these are signs that a baby wants to eat:
- Turning the head from side to side.
- Opening the mouth and sticking out the tongue.
- Putting hands, fingers or a fist in or near the mouth.
- Puckering the lips.
- Turning to the mother's breast.
- Moving the mouth in the direction of something that's touching the cheek (the "rooting" reflex).