(HealthDay News) -- If your child has an uncomfortable sunburn, here are suggestions to help it heal and to soothe the youngster's pain, courtesy of the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital:
- Give the child a cool bath.
- Apply a cool compress.
- Apply a moisturizer, aloe or hydrocortisone cream. Avoid products with Benadryl or benzocaine to minimize the risk of a reaction.
- Give the child acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain.
- Leave any blisters alone to reduce risk of infection. Do not try to pop or drain them.
- Keep the child out of the sun until the burn heals.