(HealthDay News) -- While a high chair seems like a safe place, your child can get hurt if the chair isn't properly used.
The Cleveland Clinic advises:
- Always use the chair's harness restraint system.
- Don't allow the high chair to be used for playtime, only for meals.
- Never allow your child to stand or climb in the chair.
- Never leave your child unsupervised.
- Keep the chair away from tables and counters to make sure the child can't reach with his feet to tip the chair backward.
- Check for recalls to make sure your chair isn't affected.