January 5, 2015
Health Tip: When Baby Needs a Medical Test
How to comfort and calm the infant
(HealthDay News) -- It can be frightening for parents and baby when a little one needs a medical test.
The University of Michigan Health System offers these suggestions to help keep the infant calm:
- Offer plenty of gentle touches, and keep your voice quiet and soothing.
- Don't make any loud noises or sudden movements.
- Make sure baby can see you at all times, even when being held by the medical staff.
- Cuddle baby in an upright position.
- Distract baby with a favorite song or toy.