Health Tip: When Your Teen Gets Behind the Wheel
Suggestions for safe driving
(HealthDay News) -- Before handing over the car keys, it's important for parents to communicate the importance of safe driving to their teens.
Here are suggestions on how to keep your teen safe behind the wheel, courtesy of Partners for Safe Teen Driving:
- Don't allow your teen to use a cell phone while driving.
- Set limits on the number of friends that are allowed in the car at one time.
- Don't let the teen drive late at night without a parent in the car.
- Don't let the teen drive when tired, stressed or upset.
- Keep maps and directions in the car.
- Remind the teen of the importance of following speed limits, wearing seat belts, and not drinking and driving.