Protect Against Poison Perils
Poison-proof your home
(HealthDayNews) -- Curious young children will smell, taste or play with almost anything they can get their hands on. As a result, every year millions of kids are accidentally poisoned in their own homes.
The California Poison Control System offers these tips for poison-proofing your home:
- Lock up all medications including vitamins.
- Never call medicine candy.
- Never store chemicals in food or drink containers.
- Know which plants in your home are dangerous.
- Never leave your child in a room, even for a second, where chemicals or medications are within reach.