Stationary Activity Center Safety
Here are some tips
(HealthDayNews) -- Even though stationary activity centers have no wheels, they can still be hazardous. Bouncing babies can tip them over or your infants may reach up and pull things down on top of their heads.
Health Canada offers these safety tips:
- Never leave your children alone in these centers.
- Keep the activity center away from stairs, coffee tables, plants, lamps, fireplaces, heaters or the TV.
- Keep curtain and blind cords out of reach.
- Buy new activity centers; used ones may be damaged and unsafe.
- Make sure they're strong enough to hold your baby's weight.