(HealthDay News) -- Parents have among the hardest jobs of all. Not only do many have full-time jobs, but they also come home to cook, clean and take care of the kids. It's only natural that they feel stressed and burned out.
Here are tips to help ease the pressures of parenthood, courtesy of the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- Improve your frame of mind when you arrive home after a workday.
- Assess how you're spending your time during the day and discover areas where you can reduce stress.
- Involve the family in evening responsibilities that drain your time and energy.
- Keep your expectations realistic.
- Schedule relaxation time for yourself at night and on weekends.