Health Tip: Hair Transplant Caution
Questions to ask the surgeon
(HealthDayNews) -- If you've decided that a hair transplant is the answer to your receding hairline, make sure you do your homework.
While there have been big advances in hair restoration procedures, much still depends on the individual surgeon's technique, according to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
Here's what you should ask any prospective hair transplant surgeon:
- How long has he or she been doing hair restoration?
- How many procedures has he done?
- How busy is he lately? A busy practice may be a sign that the surgeon is skilled and well-regarded by his patients.
- Is hair restoration the physician's only practice?
- Can he provide the names of patients as references?