Health Tip: Good Health for Men
Follow these guidelines
(HealthDay News) -- While risk factors, age and family history play a role in a man's health, your daily habits and health regimen also have a major impact on how healthy you are.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these preventive health guidelines for men:
- Eat healthy foods. Maintain a diet that's low in fat and salt, and rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Consume only moderate amounts of alcohol and caffeine, and don't smoke.
- Have regular dental and vision checkups.
- Get regular exercise for 30 minutes to 40 minutes, three to five days per week.
- Protect your skin with sunscreen any time you are outside.
- Guard against hearing loss by wearing ear protection when exposed to loud noise.
- Take safety precautions whenever you can: wear a seatbelt, practice safe sex, and wear protective gear when playing sports.