(HealthDay News) -- Addiction to drugs or alcohol can lead to a variety of behavioral and physical changes in teenagers.
The Nemours Foundation says signs that your child may have an addiction problem include:
- Acting withdrawn or secretive with family and friends.
- Disinterest in activities and hobbies he used to enjoy.
- Poor grades or frequent absences from school.
- Mood swings, anxiety, anger or depression.
- A new set of friends, particularly those who are known to use drugs.
- Changes in sleeping or eating habits.
- Rapid weight gain or loss.