October 13, 2003
Health Care for College Students
Encourage your child to use campus health resources
(HealthDayNews) -- Is your college-age child's lackadaisical approach to health care giving you sleepless nights?
Try instilling good health and wellness practices with these tips from the University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire.
- Encourage your child to make use of campus health resources.
- Discuss details of his health insurance coverage, so your child can make informed decisions when seeking medical advice or treatment.
- Stay informed through the Internet. Most colleges include information about student health services on their Web sites.
- Send a self-care package of medications and health supplies, including:
- Antibacterial cream.
- Antidiarrheal medication.
- Anti-inflammatory cream.
- Cough medicine.
- Wound disinfectant.
- Fever, headache, and muscular pain medications.