May 3, 2015
Health Tip: Build a Healthy Self-Image
Focus on the positive
(HealthDay News) -- It may be difficult to be happy with what you see in the mirror, but a healthy self-image will help you care for yourself.
The Cleveland Clinic recommends:
- Jot down a list of positive qualities you see in yourself. Ask loved ones to share what they think are your positive qualities.
- Create goals that are attainable and that you can easily measure. Work on improving your strongest qualities.
- Consider and address any distorted thoughts you have about yourself. Think about how any labels that stuck during childhood have affected you.
- Don't compare yourself to others.
- Focus on the fact that you are your own unique person, and acknowledge strides you have made.