Health Tip: Dealing With a Picky Eater
Suggestions to help ensure that your child gets all necessary nutrients
(HealthDay News) -- It may be difficult to ensure that a finicky toddler is getting all necessary nutrients. Experts say parents should be persistent in offering a variety of healthy foods.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions for parents of picky eaters:
- Add nonfat dry milk to soup, or sneak grated veggies into homemade muffins, breads or lasagna.
- Serve your child's favorite foods along with things that have been refused before.
- Let your child help prepare meals.
- Make sure food is visually appealing with unique shapes.
- Eat a variety of healthy foods yourself to set a good example for your child.
- Schedule regular family meals together.