July 12, 2007
Health Tip: Dealing With Loss
Healthy ways to face your emotions
(HealthDay News) -- Dealing with the death of a loved one, friend or family member can take a toll on your health -- both physically and emotionally.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to cope with a loss:
- There is no right or wrong way to feel -- allow yourself to experience any emotions.
- Ask for help when you need it, and talk to friends and family about what you're going through.
- Keep up with your regular daily tasks to prevent them from piling up and overwhelming you.
- Try to maintain a regular daily routine.
- Get plenty of sleep, eat a healthy diet, and avoid alcohol.
- Try to avoid making any major decisions while still dealing with your loss.