Health Tip: Keep Calm During Pregnancy
Ways to tame mood swings
(HealthDay News) -- Hormones, anxiety, emotions and all the changes that come along with pregnancy and expectant parenthood can make any mother-to-be experience mood swings.
The American Pregnancy Association offers these suggestions to help keep mood swings under control:
- Get enough quality sleep.
- Take a few quick breaks each day to just relax and unwind, or sneak in a quick nap.
- Get daily exercise and eat a healthy, balanced diet. Talk to your doctor about what's appropriate.
- Spend time relaxing with your partner.
- Do something fun with a friend.
- Get a massage, or take a pregnancy yoga class.
- Take it easy. Try not to get too stressed or overwhelmed with worry.