May 27, 2012
Health Tip: Keep Off the Weight You've Lost
Don't neglect exercise
(HealthDay News) -- Maintaining weight loss can be more difficult than losing it in the first place.
The American Council on Exercise suggests how to help maintain weight loss:
- Weigh yourself every week.
- Move as much as possible, walking frequently, watching less TV and even fidgeting while you're seated.
- Stock your kitchen with plenty of nutritious treats.
- Place your gym bag near the door, and keep any home exercise equipment where you can frequently see it.
- Make exercise part of your social life.
- Measure your waist once monthly and make changes to your diet and exercise routine if your waistline starts growing.