(HealthDay News) -- It's easy to let work, social and family obligations keep you from getting healthier. But here are a few suggestions to help make it easier.
The Weight-control Information Network suggests:
- Prevent overeating by watching portion sizes.
- Eat more fruit, such as by adding it to a favorite cereal. Also eat more vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins and low-fat dairy products.
- Move more and sit less. Limit time spent watching TV, surfing the Web or playing video games.
- Limit alcohol, juice, sports drinks and sodas. Instead, drink more water.
- Exercise at least five days each week for 30 minutes to 60 minutes at a time.