(HealthDay News) -- Knowing when your child is old enough to be left alone can be a daunting decision.
The Nemours Foundation says your child probably is ready if:
- She is responsible with her homework, household chores, and following general instructions.
- She stays calm and handles unexpected situations in a mature manner.
- She understands and is able to follow your rules and safety instructions.
- She makes good judgments overall, and does not put herself in risky situations.
- She follows instructions about staying away from strangers.