January 1, 2008
Health Tip: Make Reading a Daily Activity
Suggestions for encouraging your child to read
(HealthDay News) - Developing reading and communication skills is a vital part of a child's growth.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions for encouraging a daily dose of reading:
- Keep a book or magazine with you, and encourage your child to read while running an errand or waiting for an appointment.
- Have your child read you recipes while you cook dinner, or read recipes aloud to other children.
- Encourage your child to read magazines, catalogs and other mail you receive.
- Encourage family members to write letters or emails to your child.
- Have your child read aloud to you while you clean the house or do other chores. Or, read to her while she does her chores.